DJI is quickly becoming one of the most sought after drone companies, both in terms of investments and purchases. DJI Phantom 3 line is one of the most popular choice in aerial photography. The company has developed four different models in this category: Standard, Advanced, 4K, and Professional.
The DJI Phantom 3 Professional is the second most-advanced model and is mainly designed for professionals. It offers 4K video, 23 minutes of flight time, and a whopping 5km control distance.
The quadcopter also comes with five advanced flight modes:
- Follow Me: The quadcopter will automatically keep you in the camera’s view as you conduct your activity.
- Point of Interest: It revolves around an object, person, or place in a perfect circle.
- Waypoints: Allows you to record a flight path then tell your quadcopter to fly along the same path repeatedly, while you control the camera and orientation. You can save your favorite missions, customize speed, and more.
- Course Lock: Fly along a set path.
- Home Lock: Customize your flight controls to be relative to you at all times.
These autonomous modes free you up to focus on camera control and getting the right shot. This makes the DJI Phantom 3 Professional a smart choice for pro pilots, and especially for aerial mapping and 3D modeling.
DJI also recently released the DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter, an upgraded version of the Phantom 3 series with an obstacle sensing system.
- 3-Axis GimbalGPS positioning
- GPS positioningVision Positioning technology for GPS-free areas
- Vision Positioning technology for GPS-free areas4k video
- 4k videoLive FPV streaming to your controller
- Live FPV streaming to your controller
- Frequency: 2.4GhzSize: 18 x 13 x 8 inches
- Size: 18 x 13 x 8 inches
- Weight: 9.2 poundsCharging time: Approx. 1-1.5 hrs
- Charging time: Approx. 1-1.5 hrs
- Flight time: about 23 minutes
- Control distance: 5 km
These extra parts are available for the DJI Phantom 3 Professional: